Saturday, February 7, 2015

Welcome to 3/4T in 2015!

I always love this time of the year! The anticipation of 'what class?' and 'what teacher?' and 'which friends?' and then getting to know each other. New shoes, lunchboxes, pencil cases filled with new pencils, sharpeners and textas. Finally on Friday we got our new text books! So much excitement in the first few weeks of school. My own children have started, year 12, year 10, year 3 and the baby of the family has begun his last year of pre-school. I know that excitement so well and never tire of it! I've done the back to school shopping myself and labelled, labelled and labelled everything moving in our house. Even the older two are not immune to the excitement of back to school shopping, especially since they're not using their own money yet. Along with a new year at school, there is also the excitement of a new 'blog'! I can't believe this is my seventh year of 'blogging' for my class. I love sharing what we do in the classroom with parents, grandparents, extended family and friends and of course other students and teachers from around the world. It gives us a chance to see how similar we are to students in other countries and gives us a real audience for all the fabulous things we accomplish during the year. I hope you enjoy coming along on our blogging adventures, watching us learn and participating in our online community by asking us questions and leaving us comments. Comments from parents, grandparents and students or teachers from other schools is something we LOVE! We look forward to hearing from you all!

4 comments:

  1. hi Mrs Taylor
    I am pretty sure I am the first to write a comment on 2015 so I want to make it a good one.My favourite activities are writing and ipads.I like maths but only if it is easy.

    from a year 3 girl with brown hair
    [even though there is 2]
    it is
    AMELIA H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia,

      How exciting to come home and see our very first comment! Well done!

      I'm so glad that you love writing! I hope that you'll want to write on our blog and let everyone know what we have been up to.

      I also can't wait until our wifi is installed so that we can use the school's iPads to do amazing things!

      Mrs Taylor

      Delete
  2. Hi mrs taylor. It's caillie.
    My favourite subjects are art, creative writing and reading. :):) I'm looking forward to finishing my creative writing.
    from Caillie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caillie,

      I'm so glad you want to finish your writing tomorrow. I can't wait until I read it!

      Well done for going home and telling me what your favourite things are to do at school. I know that Mrs Stephens has got some exciting things planned for art on Wednesday. I bet we end up with a very colourful classroom which is just the way I like it.

      Mrs Taylor

      Delete